Friday, October 25, 2013

Early In the Morning

O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You

Psalm 63:1

morning barn

"She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls." Proverbs 31:14

Not an easy thing to do every morning. But oh, so very, very profitable! Most mornings I do not want to crawl out of bed.  It’s so easy to pull the covers tightly over myself, snuggle up to my husband, and just fall back asleep and enjoy dreamland until the young one wakes me with his boundless energy. But I have learned the hard way that giving into that desire will only cause me to be running behind from the start of my day.I usually have to force myself to say “This is the day the Lord has made” and then force myself to get up and rejoice in it.  But, once I’m out of bed, I turn on praise music and sing along and my spirits lift and my energy level rises.  Then I’m ready to spend time reading the Word and praying. By the time the sun rises and the rest of the family is awake I feel ready to tackle whatever the day may hold.  Now, I may sometimes need a nap during the day or have to go to bed earlier at night than I would like to, but it is more than worth it. Rising early seems to multiply the hours in my day.  I am able to accomplish so much more by simply rising a little earlier than the rest of the household and it brings so much peace.  Peace from drawing nearer to Him and spending time alone with Him and also peace because I don’t feel like I’m trying to play keep up with my family or catch up with my household responsibilities. What about you?  Are you an early riser or do you sleep in?

No comments:

Post a Comment